- United Kingdom, Banbury
19 Sep 2023 - 20 Sep 2023
- Primary course language:
- Class size:
Have you ever thought about working with chocolate? Come and join us on this 2 day course where we will cover basic techniques that will provide you with the confidence to create your own bespoke range of chocolate products.
Who should attend: Anyone who has an interest in developing their chocolate knowledge, whether you are opening your own business or just want to update your professional skills.
This is an informative, practical and hands on course for beginners incorporating the range of products below:
- Explanation of the chocolate making process from cocoa tree to chocolate bar
- Chocolate tasting – plantation, origin, blended grades
- Tempering theory and practical - pre-crystallisation methods: seeding with callets and mycryo cocoa butter, microwave tempering and a review of equipment and machinery
- Ideal working and storage conditions
- Chocolate truffles: pre-made truffle spheres finished with classic and contemporary decoration
- Moulded chocolates with ganache fillings – decorated with cocoa butters and creative powders
- Cut chocolates ganaches
- Chocolate lollipops - demonstrating the use of transfer sheets
- Fun chocolate bars
- Seasonal novelty chocolate figure
You will also receive a full list of UK supply contacts to assist you with your chocolate equipment and ingredient sourcing
The course includes:
- All course materials and recipe booklet
- Lunch and Refreshments
- Chocolate Academy Chefs Jacket
- Signed Chocolate Academy Certificate
- Your beautiful hand crafted products to take home with you
Note: Accommodation not included
What to wear: You will be in a professional working environment so will need to wear comfortable working clothes (long trousers) and covered, closed toe shoes.
Please note: Jewellery (including watches) and nail varnish to be removed for the duration of the course.
Duration 8.45am - 5.30pm approx.
Price includes VAT
NOTE: Your course place is not secured until full payment has been received.
We include course agendas with our course listings and will send out joining details 2 months prior to the start date of your course.
If you have any technical or course related questions, please email us firstname.lastname@example.org
For your place to be confirmed on a course you must make full payment.
Your Course Fee Includes:
- Chef Jacket
- Lunch (please let us know any allergens or dietary requirements at least 2 weeks prior to the course start date)
- Recipes / Information Booklet
NOTE: Accommodation and evening meals not included