Information Collection and Use
- Barry Callebaut shall process and use your personal data (including data collected automatically) for the purposes of authentication, Website security, order fulfilment and payment processing, provision of the most relevant information about the Barry Callebaut group’s products and business, analytics, product development and market research, as well as marketing-related activities.
- We may combine the personal data you share with us through the Website with other information you have shared with us or any other affiliate member of the Barry Callebaut group (both online and offline) and data collected automatically (e.g. through tracking technologies as described below). We may also combine this personal data with records provided by third parties. We use this consolidated information to help us develop and improve our products, to communicate information to you, to enhance our marketing and research activities, and to facilitate other business functions.
Sharing and Disclosure
- We may share aggregated and/or non-identified data with other recipients. Examples of such aggregated and non-identified data include user trends or the number of users who accessed a particular part of the Website or the number of times certain links on the Website are clicked on.
- We will disclose your personal data if we reasonably believe we are required to do so by law, regulation, legal process, or other government authority; to investigate fraud; to protect your safety or the safety of others; or when we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to protect our rights or the rights of a third party who may be harmed by your activities.
Information Transfer and Storage
- The term "Barry Callebaut" refers to the entity of the Barry Callebaut group that is responsible for the processing of your personal data. For the Website this is Barry Callebaut AG, Pfingstweidstrasse 60, 8005 CH, Zürich, Switzerland.
- We take appropriate security measures to protect personal data against unauthorized access or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction. In addition, we restrict access to your personal data to employees of the Barry Callebaut group who need to know that data in order to fulfil your request or supply our offerings.
- We retain your personal data for no longer than necessary for the purposes for which they were collected.
- We use the following criteria to assess the retention periods for each of the categories of personal data that we process: when is the last time that you connected to the Website; when is the last time that we used your personal data for marketing purposes; does your personal data help us maintain and foster adequate security on the Website; are you or are we still in a position to address or receive a legal claim regarding the services provided on the Website; and have we a legitimate interest in retaining your personal data without prejudice to your fundamental rights and freedoms regarding data privacy.
Your Rights related to Your Personal Data / Contacting Us
- You have the right to know which of your personal data is processed and to object to your personal data being used for direct marketing purposes. However, we may not be in a position to provide all services offered on the Website without processing your personal data. You are also entitled to examine the personal data relating to you and, if necessary, have the data corrected.
- To contact us, or to request access or rectification of your personal data please write to us by visiting the “contact” page on the Website or by writing an e-mail to: email@example.com.
- When requesting access or rectification of your personal data, please include a copy of your identity card or passport.
- Without prejudice to the above and following the same procedures, you also have the right to obtain, under strict circumstances, the erasure of your personal data, as well as the right to restrict processing of your personal data and the right of data portability.
- You may also withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data at any time.
- In case you encounter some issues with the processing of your personal data by us and we are unable to address those in a proper manner, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority tasked with the enforcement of data protection rules.