Makes: 4 Yield
A topping of exotic yuzu marshmallows hides a crunchy peanut layer, all atop a decadent chocolate espresso cookie. Explore flavors, textures, and fun twists in this innovative take on a favorite treat.A topping of exotic yuzu marshmallows hides a crunchy peanut layer, all atop a decadent chocolate espresso cookie. Explore flavors, textures, and fun twists in this innovative take on a favorite treat.A topping of exotic yuzu marshmallows hides a crunchy peanut layer, all atop a decadent chocolate espresso cookie. Explo...
- Shelf life:
- 2-3 days
- Room temperature, dry
Containing: 4 Components
Ingredients: Coffee Cocoa Cookie Dough
58 gsoft butter
165 glight brown sugar
4 gMaldon sea salt flakes #1
50 gEggs, whole
10 gegg yolks
8 gvanilla extract
10 gGrapeseed oil
15 gEspresso coffee, freshly made
100 gAll purpose flour
68 gbread flour
2 gbaking soda
3 gbaking powder
Preparation: Coffee Cocoa Cookie Dough
- Cream the butter, brown sugar, sucrose, salt, and 25% of the all-purpose flour together in the mixer.
- NOTE: We use this small quantity of flour at the very beginning to allow for a better emulsion.
- In a small bowl, mix the eggs with the vanilla.
- In another bowl, mix the coffee and oil.
- Combine the remaining dry ingredients, except for the chocolates.
- Once the butter mixture is well-combined, alternate adding the dry ingredients and the wet ingredients, mixing well after each addition.
- Chop the Zephyr™ and Tanzanie couvertures and add them to the dough. Mix well.
- Using a scale, portion 150 g (5.3 oz) balls, place them on a metal tray lined with a silicone mat and cover with plastic film.
- Reserve in the refrigerator for about 12 hours.
- Once you're ready to bake the cookies, make the pecan chocolate crust: Mix some chopped pecans with chopped
- Cacao Barry® Tanzanie Chocolate (#2), and Maldon salt flakes (#2).
- Place 4, 12 cm (4.7”) greased metal rings on a metal tray lined with a silicone mat. Place one cookie inside each metal ring and press to flatten.
- Press the cookies into the prepared crust and place back in the greased rings, crust side up.
- Bake at 160°C (320°F) for about 15 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches a minimum of 93°C (199°F) and a maximum of 95°C (203°F).
- Let the cookies cool in the molds for a few minutes before unmolding them. Run a small paring knife around the rim and remove the ring.
- Let the cookies cool completely at room temperature until needed.
- Metal Tray
- Mixing bowl (s)
- Plastic film
- Tabletop mixer, mixing bowl and a paddle attachment
- Silicone mats
Ingredients: Peanut Crunch
Preparation: Peanut Crunch
- Mix the peanut butter and pre-crystallized Alunga chocolate.
- Add the Maldon salt and the chopped peanuts.
- Place the cooled cookies on a piece of parchment paper and on the scale. Then weigh 40 g (1.4 oz) of the peanut crunch onto the cookie. Spread the crunch evenly on the cookie with an offset spatula.
- Place the cookie in the refrigerator for 5 minutes or until the peanut crunch is set.
- Spray the guitar strips with the cooking spray, and spread the spray evenly on the strips. Wrap a greased strip of guitar sheet around each cookie, greased side facing in, and secure with tape.
- Reserve at room temperature until needed.
- Parchment paper
- Mixing bowl (s)
- Small offset spatula
- Guitar sheet strips, 41cm (.44”) x 4cm (.04”)
Ingredients: Yuzu Marshmallows
126 ggelatin mass 200 Bloom
85 gyuzu puree
70 gglucose syrup
2 gcitric acid powder
Preparation: Yuzu Marshmallows
- In a saucepan, cook the yuzu puree, glucose syrup, and sucrose on high heat until the mixture reaches 110°C (230°F).
- Place the gelatin mass and dextrose in the bowl of the tabletop mixer.
- Pour the hot syrup on the gelatin and dextrose in the mixer bowl. Whip on medium-high speed to combine. Then add the citric acid and yuzu essence and continue whipping to the desired consistency. The marshmallow will be quite aerated, but pourable. It will set up as it cools.
- Pour the marshmallow into a piping bag and pipe it on top of the cookie, filling it to the top of the acetate strip. Tap the tray to remove air bubbles and level the marshmallow layer.
- Allow the marshmallow to set overnight at 16°C to 18°C (61°F to 64°F).
- Tall recipient
- Tabletop mixer, mixing bowl and a whisk
Q.S.Yuzu sesame seeds
Q.S.Salted plum sesame seeds
Q.S.IBC pure gold flakes
- Spray the stencil with the cooking spray and place on the unmolded cookie, on top of the marshmallow.
- Sift the matcha powder over the stencil, then carefully remove the stencil.
- Decorate the top of each cookie with sesame seeds and gold flakes.
- Serve the cookie at 22°C to 23°C (72°F to 73°F).
Need support with your chocolate confections?
- Find troubleshooting guides & tutorials
- Chat live with an advisor chef and find the right solution to your challenges