This pastry was created with the aim to highlight how we can make small changes to improve the sustainability of the pastry industry. This petit gateau is 100% plant-based, utilizes the entire fruit, and does not employ the use of molds. The hope is by looking at aspects of our craft through a new lens, we will be able to make changes that ensure a more sustainable future.This pastry was created with the aim to highlight how we can make small changes to improve the sustainability of the pastry industry. This petit gateau is 100% plant-based, utilizes the entire fruit, and does not employ the use of molds. The hope is by looking at aspects of our craft through a new lens, we will be able to make changes that ensure a more sustainable future.This pastry was created with the aim to highlight how we can make small changes to improve the sustainability of the pas...
- Shelf life:
- 3 Days
- Store in Refrigerator
Containing: 7 Components
Ingredients: Evocao™ Mousse
- 290 gWater
- 10 gCornstarch
- 14 gAquafaba Powder
- 160 gwater
- 135 gOrganic Dried Cane Juice
- 45 gwater
Preparation: Evocao™ Mousse
- Bring the water #1 and cornstarch to a boil.
- Pour over the Evocao™ WholeFruit Chocolate and combine with an immersion blender.
- Combine the aquafaba powder and water #2 and whip until a foam starts to form.
- Cook the sugar and water #3 to soft ball stage; stream in whipping aquafaba to create an "Italian meringue" style foam.
- Once the ganache has cooled to 40°C/104°F gradually fold in the meringue.
- Chill until completely set.
Ingredients: Plant-Based Meringue (Baking)
- 300 gwater
- 14 gPotato Protein
- 0.75 gxanthan gum
Preparation: Plant-Based Meringue (Baking)
- To make the plant-based meringue base, combine the water, potato protein, and xanthan gum with an immersion blender.
- For best results, allow to rest overnight or minimum of a few hours before whipping.
Ingredients: Chocolate Biscuit
- 216 gPlant-Based Meringue Base (above)
- 160 gOrganic Evaporated Cane Juice
- 74 gKing Arthur Sir Galahad Flour
Preparation: Chocolate Biscuit
- To produce the chocolate biscuit, whip the plant-based meringue base, slowly streaming in the sugar after a stable foam has developed.
- Whip to full volume.
- Sift the flour and fold into the meringue, followed by the melted Evocao™ WholeFruit Chocolate.
- Spread into a prepared ¼ sheet pan, and bake at 360°F until the cake springs back. Cool and freeze for easier handling.
Ingredients: Whole Fruit Clementine Confit
- 8 piece(s)Organic Clementines, Fresh
- 500 gClementine Paste
- 48 gClementine Juice, Fresh
- 238 gOrganic Evaporated Cane Juice
- 8 gPectin E440
- ¼ piece(s)vanilla bean
Preparation: Whole Fruit Clementine Confit
- To create the clementine paste, gently blanch the whole fruit in 0.5% salted water 5 times for 15 minutes, covering with fresh, cold salted water each time.
- Cut the clementines in half, remove the seeds and grind to a smooth paste. Measure 500 gr of clementine paste, then add the juice, pectin and evaporated cane juice.
- Bring to a full boil to activate the pectin and cook to desired consistency, then cool.
Ingredients: Cocoa Streusel
- 160 gTurbinado sugar
- 128 gAmerican Almond almond flour
- 110 gKing Arthur Sir Galahad Flour
- 2 gsea salt
- 140 gPlant-Based Butter, Cold
Preparation: Cocoa Streusel
- Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl, and mix with a paddle until combined.
- Add the cold plant-based butter in small pieces.
- Mix on low until pea-sized pieces of streusel form, stopping mixer occasionally to adjust the size of the particles and break up bigger pieces.
- Freeze, then sift to obtain pieces of uniform size.
- Bake at 350°F until the streusel is set. Cool and reserve.
Ingredients: Evocao™ Chablon Glaze
- 300 gCallebaut Deodorized Cocoa Butter
Preparation: Evocao™ Chablon Glaze
- Melt the Evocao™ WholeFruit Chocolate and Cocoa Butter separately.
- Combine, and reserve at 40-45°C/104-113°F.
- Cut the frozen Chocolate Biscuit into 40mm rounds.
- Pipe a layer of Clementine Confit onto the cake, then reserve in the freezer.
- Pipe a small amount of Evocao™ Mousse onto a 12” x 12” piece of compostable plastic wrap to anchor the cake.
- Pipe additional cream on top, for a total of 50g of Evocao™ Mousse.
- Gather the plastic wrap into a sphere by twisting the top.
- Unmold, then dip into Evocao™ Chablon Glaze.
- Roll in baked streusel then dust in Cacao Barry Extra Brute Cocoa Powder.
Need support with your chocolate confections?
- Find troubleshooting guides & tutorials
- Chat live with an advisor chef and find the right solution to your challenges