- Canada, Montreal
07 Nov 2022 - 09 Nov 2022
- Primary course language:
- Class size:
Ice cream and frozen desserts are among the most delicious of all preparations and are also perhaps the most complicated. Success with ice cream requires knowledge of many aspects of food science and also the understanding that the simple modification of even one parameter has an impact on multiple aspects of the finished creation.
In this course, we will dive into the science behind frozen desserts and thus discover how to enhance and improve your future creations by improving your understanding of the successful building blocks of a formula, allowing you to unlock your creativity in your own kitchen. By the end of the course, you will have expanded your knowledge on balancing and will be able to create a menu of successful ice creams for either your parlor or your restaurant, as well as create several simple yet creative ice cream desserts, many of them with chocolate of course!
Topics to be covered, but not limited to:
- Properties and differences of stabilizers
- Summary of sugars and their properties and understanding and implementing POD and PAC
- Importance of freezing points and service temperatures
- Introduction to balancing techniques to achieve desired texture and scoopability
- Chocolate in Ice Cream: balancing and applications
- Ice creams with no added sugar
- Sorbets with no added sugar
- Classic gourmet ice creams
- Simple, inventive ice cream desserts
Be in the know!
General Class Information
- Class size is from 8 to 12 people.
- Class is from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm- You will receive an email confirmation prior to course date.
- Breaksfast , Lunch & apron will be provided.
- You must attend the full course in order to receive your certificate.
Tuiton Fees Include
- Course Recipe Booklet
- Breakfast & Lunch (should you have any allergies or food restrictions, please advise us)
- Apron & kitchen tools
Upon registration you will receive an email regading course details to ensure you have enrolled in the correct Master Class based on your level of chocolate (or pastry) knowledge.
In the event of a cancellation by the Academy, we will refund only the amount of the course but, not the travel or the accommodation (see below the cancellation policy).
The CHOCOLATE ACADEMY™ center will provide an apron and hair net.
You must bring your own chef coat. Pants (jeans or solid color wear).
Socks and closed shoes are required to enter in the kitchen-lab.
- Cancel less than 15 days and you will not receive a credit or any form of refund.
- Cancel between 15-45 days and you will receive a credit voucher of 50% towards a future class.
- Cancel before 45 days and you will receive a full credit voucher of 100% towards a future class.
Airport: Montreal Trudeau
Parking: There is a free parking lot behind the building.
Bus/Subway - plan your trip here: https://www.stm.info/en
Until August, the online payment system is unavailable. Please contact us for payment.