- South Africa
27 Jun 2023 - 29 Jun 2023
- Primary course language:
- Class size:
Are you a beginner, looking to learn the basic skills of working with
chocolate, such as crystallisation, moulding and dipping? Then this course
is designed for you!
In this hands-on, practical and theoretical course of introduction to the
world of Chocolate 1.0, we take a journey through the history of cocoa,
the origins and the transformation process. This course will help any
beginner to master crystallisation techniques, dipping and moulding, as
well as introduce you to ganache and emulsion. This course is a duration
of three days, mastering the fundamentals of working with chocolate in
order for you to gain a solid foundation of chocolate knowledge.
Ideal for: Beginners or anyone looking to master chocolate
crystallisation. No prior chocolate experience is required for this course.
Content for this course:
- Chocolate Bean to Chocolate in depth discussion
- Difference Coverture vs Compound
- Tempering Why/Do’s/Don’ts/Methods – Seeding, Direct, Classic , Mycryo
- Brand Exposure
- Basic Bonbons/ Moulding & basic decor
- Tablets and Chocolate Bark
Regarding our Courses
- Class size is from 8 to 12 people.
- Class is from 9:00 am to 16:00 pm- You will receive an email confirmation prior to course date.
- Lunch & apron will be provided.
- You must attend the full course in order to receive your certificate.
Course Fees Include
- Course Recipe Booklet
- Lunch (should you have any allergies or food restrictions, please advise us)
- Apron (for you to keep)
- Kitchen Tools- all ingredients and kitchen tools for the course will be provided
Upon registration you will receive an email regarding course details to ensure you have enrolled in the correct Master Class based on your selection.
Confirm your spot- full upfront payment is required prior to arrival.
In the event of a cancellation by the Academy, we will refund only the amount of the course but, not the travel or the accommodation (see below the cancellation policy).
The CHOCOLATE ACADEMY™ center will provide an apron.
You must bring your own chef jacket.
Long pants and ensure you wear comfortable closed shoes.
- Cancel less than 14 days and you will not receive a credit or any form of refund.
- Cancel between 14-45 days and you will receive a credit voucher of 50% towards a future class.
- Cancel before 45 days and you will receive a full credit voucher of 100% towards a future class.
Airport: OR Tambo International or Lanseria International
Parking: There is a parking garage available across from the Chocolate Academy building (rates vary)