Makes: 4 yield
This cake revolves around hazelnut and dark chocolate which is an all-time favorite combination. This recipe captures its essence and delivers big on taste!This cake revolves around hazelnut and dark chocolate which is an all-time favorite combination. This recipe captures its essence and delivers big on taste!This cake revolves around hazelnut and dark chocolate which is an all-time favorite combination. This recipe captures it...
- Shelf life:
- 5 Days
- Between 16°C - 18°C in an airtight container
Containing: 1 Component
Ingredients: Soft Cake with Hazelnuts & Gianduja
6.3 ozCallebaut Dark gianduja
0.3 ozCallebaut Cocoa powder
6.7 ozButter softened
3.5 ozGrapeseed oil
3.5 ozinverted sugar
9.7 ozEggs, whole
3.9 ozhazelnut flour
1.4 ozaged rum
7.8 ozall-purpose flour
0.2 ozbaking powder
Preparation: Soft Cake with Hazelnuts & Gianduja
- In a thermomix® or food processor, mix the soft butter and slowly add the sugars.
- Add the oil until well incorporated.
- Add the first quantity of gianduja that was previously melted.
- Slowly and progressively incorporate the eggs until well combined.
- Add the hazelnut powder and the rum and mix again.
- Sift the flour, cocoa powder, and baking powder together onto a parchment paper. Add into the previous preparation and mix again.
- In a mixing bowl, mix the flour and the gianduja cubes (quantity #2).
- Sift them to remove the excess flour.
- Pour the first mixture into the bowl with the gianduja cubes and mix well.
- Before filling the molds, brush them with soft butter using a pastry brush. Sift some flour on top until the butter is completely covered. Tap the excess flour out.
- Pour the mixture into the molds to half full.
- Using a scale, check that all the molds contain the same quantity.
- Bake at 160°C (320°F) for about 25 minutes.
- Once baked, let the cakes cool down for 5 minutes before unmolding them onto a wire rack.
- With a pastry brush, coat the cake with a neutral glaze. It will help fix the decorations.
- Finally, place the hazelnuts on top to decorate the cake.
- Metal Tray
- Parchment paper
- Mixing bowl
- Thermomix® or food processor
- 15 cm x 8 cm x 6cm (5.9” x 3.2” x 2.4”) rectangular molds
Need support with your chocolate confections?
- Find troubleshooting guides & tutorials
- Chat live with an advisor chef and find the right solution to your challenges