Makes: 3 yield
This beautiful cake has a very surprising look and texture thanks to an easy-to-accomplish chocolate snow garnish on top. This cake also contains no eggs, which contributes to its long shelf life.This beautiful cake has a very surprising look and texture thanks to an easy-to-accomplish chocolate snow garnish on top. This cake also contains no eggs, which contributes to its long shelf life.This beautiful cake has a very surprising look and texture thanks to an easy-to-accomplish chocolate snow garnish on top...
- Shelf life:
- 5 Days
- Between 8°C - 16°C
Containing: 4 Components
Ingredients: White Chocolate & Macadamia Nut Batter
- As neededbutter (melted)
- As neededAll purpose flour
- 6.3 ozbutter
- 9.5 ozcake flour
- 15.4 grbaking powder
- 6.3 ozFull fat Greek yogurt
- 6.3 ozCallebaut Velvet
- 7.9 ozMacadamia nuts, chopped & slightly roasted
Preparation: White Chocolate & Macadamia Nut Batter
- Grind the macadamia nuts until obtaining a flour.
- Grease the molds with melted butter and flour them as well. This will ensure a clean release of the cake after the baking.
- Mix the butter and the sugar on high speed to incorporate some air.
- In the meantime, sift the cake flour and the baking powder together.
- Turn to low speed and add the yogurt, followed by the sifted ingredients, the melted chocolate and the ground macadamia nuts.
- Transfer into a piping bag.
- Pipe 360 g (12.7 oz) of batter in the molds and tap them on the table to make sure they are evenly filled. The quantity of batter depends on the size of the cake mold.
- Cover with a silicone mat and a metal tray.
- Bake at 150°C (302°F) for 32 minutes.
- Turn the molds upside down but leave the molds on the cakes.
- Let the cakes slightly cool down.
- Unmold and wrap them with plastic film and place them in the freezer.
- Piping Bag
- Parchment paper
- Plastic film
- Silicone mat
- Metal Trays
- Tabletop mixer, mixing bowl and a paddle attachment
- Thermomix® or food processor
- 15.5 cm (6.1”) x 7.5 cm (2.95”) x 5 cm (2”) molds
- Cooling rack
Ingredients: Yogurt Snow
- 8.8 ozCallebaut Velvet
- 0.9 ozcouverture 33.1%
- 1.8 ozYogurt powder Maltosec
Preparation: Yogurt Snow
- Melt the white chocolate in the microwave.
- Mix the maltosec, the yogurt powder and the white chocolate together using gloved hands.
- Transfer onto a metal tray lined with parchment paper and let crystallize at 16°C (61°F).
- Metal Tray
- Parchment paper
- Mixing bowl
Ingredients: Velvet Coating
- 1.3 lbCallebaut Velvet
- 7.1 ozCacao Barry Cacao Barry
- 0.3 oztitanium dioxide
Preparation: Velvet Coating
- Melt the cocoa butter in a saucepan.
- Once melted, pour onto the melted chocolate and emulsify with an immersion blender.
- Add the titanium dioxide and continue mixing.
- Set aside until the assembly.
- Immersion blender
- As neededFreeze-dried flowers
- Unwrap the cakes and, using a knife, dip them in the coating that should be at 32°C (90°F).
- Scrape the excess off the bottom of the cake and immediately place the cakes on top of the snow to ensure that it sticks well.
- Decorate with some freeze-dried flowers.
- Infrared Thermometer
- Dessert tray
Need support with your chocolate confections?
- Find troubleshooting guides & tutorials
- Chat live with an advisor chef and find the right solution to your challenges