- USA, Chicago
May 02 2023 - May 04 2023
- Primary course language:
Chocolate confectioneryArtisan BakeryPastry / Dining
- Class size:
North America Chocolate Academy Lead Chef Dimitri Fayard teaches this three-day class on modern confections. In it, you will study all the ingredients that are used in ganache and sugar confections, learn the concepts behind emulsion and how to approach flavor and texture pairing. Chef Dimitri will also share his experience with and knowledge of high-tech chocolate equipment such as enrobing different finishes and demonstrating how a Chefcut machine operates. Over the course of this class you will learn to make complex, multi-layered confections with delicious fillings and textures.
This course is for the intermediate-level chocolatier with a firm understanding of the basics of chocolate.
Arrival & light breakfast: 8:00 - 8:45 am
Class: 8:45 - 12:00 pm
Lunch: 12:00 - 1:00 pm
Class: 1:00 - 3:15 pm
Break: 3:15 - 3:30 pm
Class: 3:30 - 5:00 pm
Be in the know!
- Class size is from 8 to 12 people.
- Class is from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm- You will receive an email confirmation prior to course date.
- Breaksfast , Lunch & apron will be provided.
- You must attend the full course in order to receive your certificate.
Tuiton Fees Include
- Course Recipe Booklet
- Breakfast & Lunch (should you have any allergies or food restrictions, please advise us)
- Apron & kitchen tools
Upon registration you will receive an email regading course details to ensure you have enrolled in the correct Master Class based on your level of chocolate (or pastry) knowledge.
In the event of a cancellation by the Academy, we will refund only the amount of the course but, not the travel or the accommodation (see below the cancellation policy).
The CHOCOLATE ACADEMY™ center will provide an apron and hair net.
You must bring your own chef coat. Pants (jeans or solid color wear).
Socks and closed shoes are required to enter in the kitchen-lab.
- Cancel less than 15 days and you will not receive a credit or any form of refund.
- Cancel between 15-45 days and you will receive a credit voucher of 50% towards a future class.
- Cancel before 45 days and you will receive a full credit voucher of 100% towards a future class.
Airport: Chicago O'Hare 10000 W O'Hare Ave, Chicago, IL 60666
Parking: There is a parking garage available across the street from the building (rates vary)
Chicago Transit Authority: CTA Website https://www.transitchicago.com/