- USA, Chicago
Feb 05 2024
- Primary course language:
Ice cream / Beverage
- Class size:
In this course students will dive into the science and formula of creating ice cream. You will learn how to enhance flavor and texture as well as gain knowledge to aspects of food science, technology, modifications, and formulas. You will work closely with Gelato Master Pawel Petrykowski on new trends and alternatives to traditional techniques. He will focus on balancing recipes with the use of fresh ingredients, substitutes like sugars, emulsifiers, low sugar, and natural stabilizers. Chef Pawel will transform your frozen-dessert curiosity with the possibilities of designing your own successful recipes for either your parlor or restaurant.
*Due to the quantity and/or type of products that will made, portions or all of this class may be taught as a demo and/or interactive demo.
Arrival & light breakfast: 8:00 - 8:45 am
Class: 8:45 - 12:00 pm
Lunch: 12:00 - 1:00 pm
Class: 1:00 - 5:00 pm
Be in the Know!
- Class size is from 8 to 12 people.
- Class is from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. You will receive an email confirmation prior to the course date.
- Breakfast, lunch & an apron will be provided.
- You must attend the full course in order to receive your certificate.
Tuition Fees Include:
- Course recipe booklet
- Breakfast & lunch (should you have any allergies or food restrictions, please let us know)
- Apron & kitchen tools
Upon registration you will receive an email regarding course details to ensure you have enrolled in the correct Masterclass based on your level of chocolate (or pastry) knowledge.
In the event of a cancellation by the Academy, we will refund only the amount of the course but not the travel or the accommodations (see the cancellation policy below).
- The CHOCOLATE ACADEMY™ center will provide an apron and hair net.
- You must bring your own chef coat.
- Pants: jeans or solid color wear.
- Socks and closed shoes are required to enter in the kitchen/lab.
- Cancel less than 15 days from the class date and you will not receive a credit or any form of refund.
- Cancel between 15-45 days and you will receive a credit voucher of 50% towards a future class.
- Cancel before 45 days and you will receive a full credit voucher of 100% towards a future class.
Airport: Chicago O'Hare 10000 W O'Hare Ave, Chicago, IL 60666
Parking: There is a parking garage available across the street from the building (rates vary)
Chicago Transit Authority: CTA Website https://www.transitchicago.com/