- USA, Chicago
Mar 14 2023 - Mar 16 2023
- Primary course language:
Chocolate confectioneryPastry / Dining
- Class size:
Join Chef Paul at the Chicago Academy to learn basic, professional skills of working with chocolate.
This is a hands-on course which will introduce
- Crystallization techniques
- Molding and enrobing techniques
- Ganaches and emulsions
- Possible problems and remedies
- Basic tools and equipment
You will spend three days perfecting the fundamentals of working with chocolate, enrobing, sugar confection, nougat and marshmallows all while gaining a solid knowledge of chocolate.
This class is ideal for beginners or anyone looking to increase their knowledge of chocolate work.
Arrival & light breakfast: 8:00 - 8:45 am
Class: 8:45 - 12:00 pm
Lunch: 12:00 - 1:00 pm
Class: 1:00 - 3:15 pm
Break: 3:15 - 3:30 pm
Class: 3:30 - 5:00 pm
Be in the know!
- Class size is from 8 to 12 people.
- Class is from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm- You will receive an email confirmation prior to course date.
- Breaksfast , Lunch & apron will be provided.
- You must attend the full course in order to receive your certificate.
Tuiton Fees Include
- Course Recipe Booklet
- Breakfast & Lunch (should you have any allergies or food restrictions, please advise us)
- Apron & kitchen tools
Upon registration you will receive an email regading course details to ensure you have enrolled in the correct Master Class based on your level of chocolate (or pastry) knowledge.
In the event of a cancellation by the Academy, we will refund only the amount of the course but, not the travel or the accommodation (see below the cancellation policy).
The CHOCOLATE ACADEMY™ center will provide an apron and hair net.
You must bring your own chef coat. Pants (jeans or solid color wear).
Socks and closed shoes are required to enter in the kitchen-lab.
- Cancel less than 15 days and you will not receive a credit or any form of refund.
- Cancel between 15-45 days and you will receive a credit voucher of 50% towards a future class.
- Cancel before 45 days and you will receive a full credit voucher of 100% towards a future class.
Airport: Chicago O'Hare 10000 W O'Hare Ave, Chicago, IL 60666
Parking: There is a parking garage available across the street from the building (rates vary)
Chicago Transit Authority: CTA Website https://www.transitchicago.com/