- USA, New York
Jul 11 2023 - Jul 13 2023
- Primary course language:
Chocolate confectioneryPastry / DiningIce cream / Beverage
- Class size:
In this intermediate class, you will spend three days focused on making complex, multi-layered confections with delicious fillings and textures. To accomplish this, you will study all of the ingredients that are used in chocolate confections and learn their roles in emulsion, flavor, and texture pairing. Chef Nicoll will also share insight knowledge to high-tech chocolate equipment, such as enrobing and tempering machines and Stephan mixers.
Molded and enrobed bonbons will be the focus, but Chef Nicoll will also share his experience of using the techniques taught in this class in plated dessert applications.
Arrival & light breakfast: 8:00 - 8:45 am
Class: 8:45 - 12:00 pm
Lunch: 12:00 - 1:00 pm
Class: 1:00 - 3:15 pm
Break: 3:15 - 3:30 pm
Class: 3:30 - 5:00 pm
Be in the Know!
- Class size is from 8 to 12 people.
- Class is from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. You will receive an email confirmation prior to the course date.
- Breakfast, lunch & an apron will be provided.
- You must attend the full course in order to receive your certificate.
Tuition Fees Include:
- Course recipe booklet
- Breakfast & lunch (should you have any allergies or food restrictions, please let us know)
- Apron & kitchen tools
Upon registration you will receive an email regarding course details to ensure you have enrolled in the correct Masterclass based on your level of chocolate (or pastry) knowledge.
In the event of a cancellation by the Academy, we will refund only the amount of the course but not the travel or the accommodations (see the cancellation policy below).
- The CHOCOLATE ACADEMY™ center will provide an apron and hair net.
- You must bring your own chef coat.
- Pants: jeans or solid color wear.
- Socks and closed shoes are required to enter in the kitchen/lab.
- Cancel less than 15 days from the class date and you will not receive a credit or any form of refund.
- Cancel between 15-45 days and you will receive a credit voucher of 50% towards a future class.
- Cancel before 45 days and you will receive a full credit voucher of 100% towards a future class.