- USA, Chicago
Aug 15 2023 - Aug 18 2023
- Primary course language:
Chocolate confectioneryPastry / Dining
- Class size:
In this advanced course, you will explore the world of building showpieces that is ideal for professionals with a desire to compete or take their artistic skills to the next level.
Chef Jerome will share his knowledge and craftsmanship with a beautiful showpiece design showcasing some of his signature techniques. Chef Jerome will demonstrate the application and then students will replicate and construct their own sculpture based on his display and theme. This four-day class will be immersed in chocolate through a variety of techniques such as carving, shaping, coloring, spraying, casting & building a beautiful chocolate showpiece.
It's highly recommended to have some kind of experience in chocolate showpiece-making.
Arrival & light breakfast: 8:00 - 8:45 am
Class: 8:45 - 12:00 pm
Lunch: 12:00 - 1:00 pm
Class: 1:00 - 3:15 pm
Break: 3:15 - 3:30 pm
Class: 3:30 - 5:00 pm
Be in the Know!
- Class size is from 8 to 12 people.
- Class is from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. You will receive an email confirmation prior to the course date.
- Breakfast, lunch & an apron will be provided.
- You must attend the full course in order to receive your certificate.
Tuition Fees Include:
- Course recipe booklet
- Breakfast & lunch (should you have any allergies or food restrictions, please let us know)
- Apron & kitchen tools
Upon registration you will receive an email regarding course details to ensure you have enrolled in the correct Masterclass based on your level of chocolate (or pastry) knowledge.
In the event of a cancellation by the Academy, we will refund only the amount of the course but not the travel or the accommodations (see the cancellation policy below).
- The CHOCOLATE ACADEMY™ center will provide an apron and hair net.
- You must bring your own chef coat.
- Pants: jeans or solid color wear.
- Socks and closed shoes are required to enter in the kitchen/lab.
- Cancel less than 15 days from the class date and you will not receive a credit or any form of refund.
- Cancel between 15-45 days and you will receive a credit voucher of 50% towards a future class.
- Cancel before 45 days and you will receive a full credit voucher of 100% towards a future class.
Airport: Chicago O'Hare 10000 W O'Hare Ave, Chicago, IL 60666
Parking: There is a parking garage available across the street from the building (rates vary)
Chicago Transit Authority: CTA Website https://www.transitchicago.com/