Adaliman pepper is a rare Indonesian peppercorn related to Sichuan pepper. It has beautiful citrus notes that work well in this recipe. If you are unable to source this unique ingredient, substitute Sichuan peppercorn.Adaliman pepper is a rare Indonesian peppercorn related to Sichuan pepper. It has beautiful citrus notes that work well in this recipe. If you are unable to source this unique ingredient, substitute Sichuan peppercorn.Adaliman pepper is a rare Indonesian peppercorn related to Sichuan pepper. It has beautiful citrus notes that work well ...
- Shelf life:
- 30 Days
- Between 8ºC - 16ºC (46ºF - 60ºF)
Containing: 6 Components
Ingredients: Truffle Shells
IBC White cocoa butter
IBC Black cocoa butter
Preparation: Truffle Shells
- Spray two half-sphere molds with a layer of white cocoa butter using an airbrush, creating a speckled effect.
- Follow this with a light layer of metallic red cocoa butter.
- Then spray the mold with black cocoa butter so that it covers the mold completely.
- Once the cocoa butters have set, cast the shells using a dark couverture such as Cacao Barry® Alto el Sol 65% Dark Couverture.
- Paper towel
Ingredients: Hazelnut Praliné
Preparation: Hazelnut Praliné
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl, and mix thoroughly.
- Agitate the mixture on the tabletop until it reaches 22°C/72°F, then allow it to cool until it reaches a pipeable consistency.
Grapefruit and Pepper Compote
Ingredients: Grapefruit and Pepper Compote
0.3 ozNH pectin
0.7 ozglucose syrup
Preparation: Grapefruit and Pepper Compote
- Combine the first quantity of sugar with the NH Pectin. Stir to combine thoroughly, and set aside.
- Add the peppercorns to the grapefruit purée in a saucepan. Heat until the mixture reaches 40°C/104°F.
- Whisk in the pectin/sugar mixture. Once it is thoroughly dissolved, add the second quantity of sugar and the glucose syrup. Cook to 106°C/223°F or 78°Bx
- Allow to cool completely then transfer to a piping bag..
- If you find the compote has set too hard and is not a pipable consistency, process it in a blender or food processor before transferring it to a piping bag.
- Piping Bag
Ingredients: Citrus Ganache
Preparation: Citrus Ganache
- Bring the pureés and candied peel to a boil in a small saucepan.
- Remove the mixture from the heat and cool slightly to 75°C/167°F.
- Pour the purée mixture over the chocolates in a tall recipient and blend until emulsified.
- Allow to cool, then transfer to a piping bag.
- Tall recipient
- Piping Bag
Hazelnut Filling and Crunch Layer
Ingredients: Hazelnut Filling and Crunch Layer
Preparation: Hazelnut Filling and Crunch Layer
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Agitate on the tabletop until the temperature of the mixture reaches 24°C/75°F.
- Using a rolling pin, spread the mixture in a thin, even layer between two sheets of parchment paper.
- Allow to set, and then cut rounds using a 2.5cm/.8” cutter or piping tip.
- Place a small amount of Crispearls™ into each of the shells in one of the molds.
- Pipe the praliné filling over the Crispearls™, leaving room for the next layer.
- Place a circle of the crunch layer over the praliné filling.
- Set this mold aside to allow the filings to crystallize.
- Working with the second mold, fill each shell approximately ⅓ of the way with compote, and allow to set.
- Fill the remainder of each shell with citrus ganache, leaving room for the crunch layer.
- Place one of the crunch layer rounds into each shell.
- Finish both sets of shells with a layer of ganache to cap them, removing any excess.
- Glue the half-spheres together using the citrus ganache and set aside to crystallize.
- Piping Bag
Need support with your chocolate confections?
- Find troubleshooting guides & tutorials
- Chat live with an advisor chef and find the right solution to your challenges