- United Kingdom, Banbury
05 Sep 2023 - 06 Sep 2023
- Primary course language:
Chocolate ConfectioneryTraditional Bakery & PastryCoffee Shop and Beverage
- Class size:
We are thrilled to welcome back Alexandre Bourdeaux to teach at the UK Chocolate Academy in Banbury.
During Alexandre’s extensive travels he has acquired knowledge and insights from different cultures and trends which he has translated into his signature range.
Alexandre worked as Head of the Callebaut Chocolate Academy in Wieze for 10 years but now has created his own consultancy company "Pastry & Chocadvice" where he continues to share his love and passion for all things chocolate.
Already completed the Chocolate Foundation Course (Workshop 1.0) and Creative Chocolate Skills (Workshop 2.0) and want to look at the grey area that is shelf life? Then this course is for you. The focus of Alexandre’s course is looking at ganache formulations to achieve the shelf life you need to meet consumer demand for your confectionery business.
Who should attend this course:
NPD chefs, chocolatiers
What the course will cover:
- Understanding the different roles sugars play in making a stable ganache
- Formulation of a stable ganache – with Ganache Solutions
- Compare the different methods of making ganache and the effect on taste and shelf life
- Stabilising and storage of ganaches
- Recipe development - analysing the ganaches and review, adjust and modify the recipes to help improve the end product.
Note: day 1 is theory based.
Important: Please bring your laptop, ipad or tablet with you.
We include course agendas with our course listings and will send out joining details 2 months prior to the start date of your course.
If you have any technical or course related questions, please email us firstname.lastname@example.org
For your place to be confirmed on a course you must make full payment.
Your Course Fee Includes:
- Chef Jacket
- Lunch (please let us know any allergens or dietary requirements at least 2 weeks prior to the course start date)
- Recipes / Information Booklet
NOTE: Accommodation and evening meals not included