Your tried and true seasonal specials have earned their place on your menu and are certainly beloved by your customers, so let’s look at some other trending fall flavours to complement those classic favourites.
- Salted Caramel - Salted caramel is a perennial favourite, and the rise of speciality salts can offer added appeal. Rich, buttery flavours are perfect for chilly weather.
- Cranberry - The super-tart flavour and bright colour of these berries can be a welcome pop of freshness in a season where everything is tending toward brown. Look to loganberries and sea buckthorn for a similar effect.
- Apple - From cider to pie, apples are a classic option and work well with flavours from the ubiquitous, like cinnamon, to the exotic, like Ras el Hanout.
- Pecan and walnut - Often seen in classic winter desserts, pecans and walnuts are a great way to upgrade a variety of items by adding richness and texture. Chef Julie Sharp created donut bites featuring cinnamon, pecans, and chocolate to celebrate the season. Serve them warm, accompanied by a seasonal beverage, and you've got a winning pair!
- Maple - Maple offers caramel-y sweetness with the added bonus of being a minimally processed ingredient. Reminiscent of leisurely breakfasts, maple can help add a nostalgic note to desserts, beverages, and more.
- Sweet Potato - Bursting with natural sweetness and full of healthy fibre, sweet potato is perfect for customers looking for healthier snack options. You can pair sweet potato with any flavours you feel work with pumpkin. And don’t forget Japanese sweet potato, ube!